Author Topic: csv logfile to spreadsheet and calculate AHrs  (Read 874 times)

commanda

csv logfile to spreadsheet and calculate AHrs
« on: April 14, 2009, 08:12:43 AM »
I briefly explained how to do this for somebody on here a while back. So here's an actual example.

In this recent post, I gave a bash script for logging data to a csv file. I imported todays data into an OpenOffice spreadsheet, and added columns with formulas to calculate todays AHrs generated.

20090414.ods

Column G calculates the minutes between the last 2 readings, and column H calculates the AHrs for that time period by taking the average of the amps at the start and end of the period.

H106 sums the total AHrs.

Amanda

« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 08:12:43 AM by (unknown) »

gizmo

• The Back Shed
Re: csv logfile to spreadsheet and calculate AHrs
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 11:59:06 PM »
Maybe you should have posted a Microsoft Excel format file. Open Office is brilliant, I use it and once tried to get my workplace to take it on board instead of upgrading to Office 2007. Didnt happen, the accounts girls didnt like the change, and it has poor support for common database files. Fact is, most people use Microsoft office, and wont be able to open that ods file. In Open office you can save as a Excel file, and then both Open Office and Microsoft Excel users can open it.

Glenn

http://www.openoffice.org/ if anyone is interrested, its free and pretty darn good.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 11:59:06 PM by gizmo »

commanda

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 08:17:20 PM »
I have managed to get OOO in use at work for most things, but some of the more complex stuff (BIG design spreadsheet) just won't quite work. Last Friday I found the boss doing a headcount to buy licences for M$ Office, at AU$1K each. Guess I can forget getting another bonus anytime soon.

I'll see how it goes exporting to Excel format.

Amanda

« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 08:17:20 PM by commanda »

commanda

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 08:44:26 PM »
14K in OpenOffice format, or 129K in Excel 95 format.

http://www.otherpower.com/images/scimages/2006/20090414.xls

« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 08:44:26 PM by commanda »