Notices > Polls

How big is your battery bank?

<< < (5/12) > >>

picmacmillan:
what i did was figure out how much electricity i used in a 2 week period, and i doubled it for storage..i figure we have typically 3 days of sun, and 3 days of rain.....just hypothetically...i also had 80% of power coming from wind turbine(s), and 20% from solar....and no matter what i dont let the batteries go below 60% charged...the trick is to not hurt youre batteries.i had read lots prior to deciding also..there is alot to it, and many myths also....i have a battery file somewhere on here if you can find it..makes for a good read, and worth keeping...take care..pickster

http://www.otherpower.com/images/scimages/1135/battery_chapter.pdf <---From the book: “Solar Electricity” By Robert Sharman

hayfarmer:

have a 300 A.H. 48 V system
and a 500 A.H. 12 V system
(one of the little critters was removed from pic)
also cleaned up with conduit no recent pic's 8)

hayfarmer:
sorry same pic twice :'(

WindriderNM:
I'm not sure I have 2 banks 1 is 2-12v 100ahr the other is 12-6v batteries that i got from a friend who was putting in a larger system. there are no labels on them  they look like golf cart batteries. the system is 12v

dnix71:
Seven 12v 75AH nominal hybrid deep cycle/start flooded lead acid batteries in series.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version