Author Topic: ThermoKing Generator  (Read 4263 times)

Shadow

ThermoKing Generator
« on: September 02, 2010, 05:43:50 PM »
 Heres a little Thermoking diesel generator I put together for back up.

It Came off a reefer trailer that was totalled off. It lay faid face down in the dirt for over two years. But the price was right..free.

The oil from the oil bath air breather had ran in on top of the pistons and made it act like it was siezed. I coaxed it along and got it turning over and half way running. I pulled the injection pump off to find one plunger stuck. I got that loosened up and away it went.

I've never used diesel in it yet just bio-diesel.It smoked like crazy for first ten minutes then never smoked again since. It is set up as a heat only unit so has a large condenser/radiator and blower on the back. It almost blows you over standing behind it. So I have it set up beside my generator shed that houses the Lister. That way I can use it for heat if need be to work on the Lister.

The Thermoking is a Yanmar engine, about 9.5 hp. I bolted a pulley on the end of the crank and run a belt down to a 5000 watt generator I had kicken around. It runs that real nice dosent seem to even pull it down.

Its all set up to self start at certain temps. Trouble is it wouldnt start at anything over 88 degrees!  I think I have it figured out now.

bob g

• 8.8kwatt idi diesel thermal conversion unit
    • microcogen.info
Re: ThermoKing Generator
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 06:52:57 PM »
nicely done!

i like it

:)

bob g
research and development of a S195 changfa based trigenerator, modified
large frame automotive alternators for high output/high efficiency project X alternator for 24, 48 and higher voltages, and related cogen components.
www.microcogen.info and a SOMRAD member