Author Topic: For Jacquesm  (Read 932 times)

Jerry

For Jacquesm
« on: December 25, 2004, 05:31:57 AM »
I've tryed several times to respond to your last post. It keeps telling me I've used over 50 words and says post failed. So I tryed with one word and it still failed.

I aint real smart but even I can tell the diferance one word from 50. I will be glad when this part of this board is removed?

Its dumped a bunch of my posting and I only have one typing finger and theres been more than one time I've given that finger to this roood feacher.

Now for what I tryed several times to repond to your posting below.

Hi Jacquesm.

What is the frame Dam B is refuring to? If Dan B is Saying that your genny won't do 2400 watts I think your 5 bux richer.

At what mph do you expect 2400 watts? Lets see 1 hp 746 watts, 10 hp 7460 watts.

I know as a genny you wouldn't expect 7 kw but 2.4 kw seems quite reasonable.

As a motor converter I'm happy to see a project of such scale.

If my 1/2 hp conversion did 2025 watts at 30 mph I'm sure your 10 hp genny will do much more.

Keep up the excelent work and I'll be taging along for sure on this one.

JK TAS Jerry

« Last Edit: December 25, 2004, 05:31:57 AM by (unknown) »

jacquesm

Re: For Jacquesm
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2004, 07:41:22 AM »
Hey Jerry,

I think what happens is that fieldlines clones the 'reply' and puts 're:' in front of it, then it goes over it's own limitation... so if you strip of the 're:' in the subject in answer to a post with a long title it usually works.

I hope to prove Dan wrong, but he's got a ton of experience with motor conversions, so we'll see who is in the right here. All I know is that it's fairly easy to have lots of amps coming out of a machine, or that it's easy to have great cutin speed,

but that it's very tricky to get them both right. I think the pitch control is going to give me an edge there, because it can function like a variable speed drive in a snowmachine, adjusting the blade angle until it's optimum for a given windspeed.

Thanks for the kind words !

« Last Edit: December 25, 2004, 07:41:22 AM by jacquesm »

DanB

• Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
    • otherpower.com
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 08:53:19 AM »
;-)

Ive allready conceded on that bet.

I was thinking about it at very low rpm... for a 16' blade.  I was thinking perhaps 250 rpm or so, but I think he intends to run it a bit faster.  
« Last Edit: December 26, 2004, 08:53:19 AM by DanB »
If I ever figure out what's in the box then maybe I can think outside of it.

zubbly

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2004, 09:38:28 AM »
Hey Jacquesm!

hmmm 2400 watt.  just going to assume cut in of 100-120 rpm.  My estimate that my single brain cell came up with is 2400 watt at approx 300 rpm.  LOL, wonder how close i will be.  Time will tell  :-)

have fun!

zubbly

« Last Edit: December 26, 2004, 09:38:28 AM by zubbly »